Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fabric market

Before heading to Beijing to meet the rest of our family, my brother and I stopped at a fabric market in Shanghai to have some suits made. We spoke with three stores, and finally decided on a smaller one with the colors/fabrics we wanted. Supposedly they had everything, imported fabrics from around the world, any style you want, etc. But the prices argue the opposite. I think everything was made in China.

The verdict is still out on how ‘custom’ these suits are. Even though we pointed to pictures of what we wanted in terms of fit, they probably just took our measurements and made us ‘ standard chinese’ suits. Oh well, I guess if I can’t tell for myself then I won’t worry about it. They look and feel good and were insanely cheap (less than $100). Good enough for me.

No comments: