Friday, August 24, 2007

1st Official Day - July 12, 2007

(Singapore Sessions, Episode 2 )

Current mood: drained

Got up, finished unpacking and headed out to find out all of the missing details, etc. Thank god my apartment has AC. Went outside into the common area and my glasses fogged up, it is that humid. Not that hot, but very humid. 1st hiccup, my universal adapter only had the 2 prong US input, but my computer needs the 3 prong (Note to self, remember this next time). So now I am completely technologically challenged. No cell phone, and my computer battery is dead, so off to find an adapter. $40 later, I am plugged in and writing to you. Also without a cell phone, no alarm clock, but thanks to Karen’s Alarm Clock on the web, I will wake up tomorrow, in theory. Went over to the International Student Center and of course, forgot my Letter of Admission, plus they needed emergency contact info (in my cell phone and my computer, both not accessible) but finally got most of it pulled together. Then went over to the Financial Aid office to pay for my room, and checked in at the MBA Office.

Have I mentioned that it is humid yet? Got over there, huffed about a bit and feel like I’m back in New York, albeit much more pleasant, more like Florida, sans the West 4th Subway station (those of you in NYC will understand). I still can’t figure out if I have to get a student pass from Immigration. Customs stamped my passport as a 3 month visitor so the office thinks I won’t have to (saves more money). Came back to my room to cool off and check email, etc., now that I have an adaptor and then went out for some lunch and to find a real grocery store. There is a 7-11 on campus so I stopped there but it is really just a chips and soda store, so went and got lunch and coffee. This is going to hurt, because I got a Nescafe cappucino, that was the best option. Oh well, but the yummy curry I had for lunch made up for the lack of caffeine. Off to find this mysterious supermarket. Tried to find it earlier but I found it the second time. I think it was just jetlag before. Got some basics, milk, coffee (nescafe , toilet paper) and headed home. I have some reading to do before class tomorrow and am goingto make it an early night. So signing off for now, but photos, etc. to follow.

Beth

(Organized by Cortilia)

No comments: